Seriously Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream Nests
- Dairy Free, rich Vanilla Ice-cream.
- Simple to make by hand.
- Soft-scoop style.
- No cane sugar, no eggs!
- Makes around 9 individual desserts.
200ml Soya Milk.
6 Tbsp of Cashew Butter.
2 tsp Vanilla Paste.
1tsp Xanthan Gum.
55g of Cornflakes, slightly crushed.
25g of Quinoa Puffs.
6-7 Tbsp of Coconut Nectar Syrup.
50g Deodorised Coconut Oil, melted.
x3 Ombar Coco Mylk Chocolate Bars (equivalent to 114g of Chocolate)
- Melt the chocolate bars in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of water (i.e. create a Bain Marie). Once melted, take the bowl off the saucepan and stir in the Coconut Oil and 2 tablespoons of the Coconut Syrup.
- Add the puffed quinoa and cornflakes. Coat the cereals thoroughly in the chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into individual cupcake moulds or cases. We used some silicone cupcake moulds which make removal of the finished nest much easier.
- Create a dip or well in the centre of each nest. We used a small shot glass to press into the mixture. Place in the fridge on a flat surface (e.g. baking tray) in order to solidify.
- In a large bowl add the Soya Milk, Cashew Butter, Vanilla Paste, Xanthan Gum and 4-5 tablespoons of Coconut Syrup. Blend with a hand mixer on a high speed to introduce air into the mixture.
- Pour into a freezer proof dish that has a lid. Place parchment paper on the surface of the ice-cream and then put the lid on.
- Place into the freezer for around 2-3 hours. Remove and whisk the mixture again.
- Place back into the freezer for another 2-3 hours and then the Ice-cream will then be ready to serve.
- The Chocolate Nests will then be ready to use. Remove them from their moulds and place each nest on a serving plate or individual plate as you wish.
- Spoon the ice-cream into each nest and garnish with a sprinkle of Cacao or Cocoa Powder, a drizzle of Coconut Syrup and Vanilla Paste if you wish.