Tofu Scramble with Tomatoes & Basil
- A wonderful, delicious, filling plant-based breakfast or lunch idea.
- Full of protein and flavour!
- Play around with ingredients of your choice.
- Quick and easy to make.
- This recipe will make 2 generous portions.
1tsp yeast flakes
100ml oat milk
sprinkle of black onion seeds
1/2tsp turmeric powder
1/2tsp cumin powder
1tbsp oil for frying
black salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Fresh basil leaves.
- Drain the tofu and crumble it using your fingers or a potato masher.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium heat, add in the tofu and fry until lightly golden.
- Add in turmeric powder, cumin powder, black salt and pepper and fry for around 1 minute.
- Add oat milk, yeast flakes and simmer until liquid dissolves.
- Add tomatoes and basil and fry for around 1 minute.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes and basil, sprinkle with black onion seeds and enjoy!