Tahini Swirl Vegan Brownies
- These moist and soft brownies with a caramelised halva-like swirl are simply divine!
- Perfect dessert or afternoon snack.
- Very rich, satisfying and filling.
- Vegan and low in sugar.
1.5 cup flour
0.75 cup xylitol
8tbsp cacao powder
1 dark chocolate bar
0.5 cup oat milk
0.5 cup oil
3tbsp maple syrup
2tbsp ground flaxseed
0.5tsp baking powder
salt (a generous pinch for topping + pinch for the brownie batter)
- 3tbsp water.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a cup, mix milled flaxseed with water and leave aside.
- Put the tahini, maple syrup, 1tbsp of oat milk and a generous pinch of salt in a small bowl and mix well. Leave aside – this is your tahini swirl.
- In a big bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, cacao, xylitol, baking powder and a pinch of salt).
- In another bowl, mix oat milk with oil.
- Chop your dark chocolate into big pieces.
- Combine your dry and wet ingredients. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate batter into a baking tray.
- Dollop tahini mixture over the top and swirl into the batter with a skewer or toothpick.
- Place on the middle rack of your preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave to cool inside your oven.
- Remove from the oven once cooled and enjoy!