Sweet Spiced Teff Pancakes
- American Style Pancakes with Sweet Spices
- Made from Teff Flour.
- Nutritious & gluten free
- A filling, thicker style pancake
- Ideal for breakfast or tea.
225g White Teff Flour. A wholegrain flour made from this tiny seed.
2 Tbsp Biona Coconut Syrup. A thick, but runny syrup made from Coconut Blossom Nectar.
1 tsp of Baking Powder.
1 tsp of Cinnamon
2 tsp of Ground Ginger
½ tsp of Allspice Powder
¼ tsp of Ground Cloves
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Use as a topping/filling. WowButter Crunchy peanut butter style spread. This is a fantastic roasted soya spread that's Peanut Free!
Use as a topping/filling. Strawberry Spread. Sweet and Tart with no added sugar.
Use as a topping/filling. Apricot Spread. Tastes just like fresh apricots squashed into a paste.
Use as a topping/filling. Blueberry Spread. A jam like spread filled with blueberries. Naturally sweet.
- 300ml of Milk/Milk substitute such as Rice Milk
- 1 medium/large egg lightly whisked.
- Sunflower Oil or Olive Oil for frying.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the baking powder and spices.
- In a measuring jug mix the milk, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour and combine. Add the coconut syrup and mix vigorously until you have a thick batter.
- You can use the batter straight away or chill if you are making your pancakes later in the day.
- Use a non-stick frying pan around 5-6 inches (12-15cm) in diameter. Add a tablespoon or so of your chosen oil to the pan and allow to warm.
- Spoon enough batter into the frying pan to mostly cover the base. You can use the back of a heat-proof spoon to spread the batter in a circle over the base. Tap the pan on the hob to even out the batter further.
- When the ends start to sizzle and turn a golden brown you can then flip the pancake over and cook on the other side. As these are thick pancakes a steady medium heat if preferable to prevent burning.
- Layer each finished pancake with kitchen roll so that they don’t stick to each other and you can keep these warm in a very low oven until all the batter is cooked.