Sun-Dried Tomato and Goat’s Cheese Quiche
The tangy tomatoes and goat’s cheese in this gluten-free quiche are complemented with the fresh taste of green summer vegetables.
This recipe is designed for a deep 24cm quiche tin. Alternatively, you can create 6 individual gluten-free quiches – perfect for a party canapé.
Helpful tip: if you do not have any baking beans when blind baking, place a sheet of baking parchment on top of the pastry and fill the space with uncooked dry pulses. We used chickpeas and they worked a treat! This process ensures the pastry does not shorten and that it bakes into an even shell ready for your filling!
250ml almond milk
6 sun-dried tomatoes
3 tbsps cold water
1 tbsp light margarine
1 medium courgette
2 medium eggs
3 spring onions, finely sliced
60g soft goat’s cheese
Before you begin making the pie, have your pastry made and ready to use… Click here for pastry recipe >>>
1) Line the quiche dish with the pastry and blind bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with egg before returning to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
2) In the meantime, sauté courgettes and spring onions in the margarine until softened.
3) Sift in the flour and stir so all the mixture is coated.
4) Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously so the flour and milk combine to create a creamy sauce.
5) Season and stir in the two eggs. Pour this mixture into the pastry case and bake for 20 minutes.
6) Layer goat’s cheese and sun-dried tomatoes on top of the quiche filling and bake for a further 15 minutes.