Sprouted Quinoa Summer Salad
- Lower carb salad.
- Crunchy and juicy texture.
- Fresh clean flavour with no stodge!
- Makes enough for 4 servings.
- No dairy, naturally no gluten.
- No oily, calorific salad dressing.
230-240g Sprouted Quinoa
120-130g Black Eye Beans, ready-cooked.
- 1 large stick celery
- 1 Gala apple
- Large bunch of fresh coriander leaves.
- Cook the sprouted quinoa in a saucepan of water for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Drain a tin of black eye beans. Transfer half into a salad bowl and the rest into a container in the fridge.
- Slice the celery and make small cubes of apple, keep the skin on for extra fibre and added colour. Add to the salad bowl.
- Wash the coriander leaves and carefully pat dry. Separate out the stems from the leaves. Keep to one side.
- Mix the cooked quinoa into the salad bowl. Then finally gently mix in the coriander leaves and serve.
- This salad stores well in the fridge for one or two days.