Spinach Pesto (Dairy-Free)
- Makes around 280g of Pesto.
- No cheese – still full flavoured.
- Use as a condiment, dip or stir-in sauce.
- Spread over vegetables, fish or halloumi before grilling.
150g Roasted Blanched Almonds. The roasting process give these Almonds a richer flavour which combines well with the other ingredients to help create a pesto flavour without the use of cheese.
4-6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It is best to this rather than ordinary Olive Oil as it has a richer flavour suited to these raw, fresh ingredients.
2 tsp Lemon Juice.
- 60g of Baby Spinach
- 30g fresh Basil
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic
- Grind the Roasted Blanched Almonds in a coffee grinder or food processor until you have a medium-fine powder.
- Add these along with the rest of the ingredients into a food processor or liquidiser.
- Blend into a smooth paste. The pesto is now ready to use.
- Any remainder can be transferred to an airtight container or into sterilised jars and topped off with a layer of olive oil.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.