Spelt Stuffed Peppers
- Delicious, creamy spelt stuffed peppers.
- Makes enough for 3 peppers (6 halves).
- Easy to make.
1 cup spelt grain
3 Tbsp freeze-dried green peas
2 Tbsp freeze-dried leeks
1 Tbsp freeze-dried red onion
125ml cream alternative
- 3 peppers.
- 2 cups water.
- In a saucepan, add 1 stock cube to 2 cups of water, boil.
- Rinse 1 cup of spelt, add to boiling stock, cook until soft.
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Once spelt is cooked, turn off the heat and stir in the oat cream, leeks, peas, onion & spices.
- Stuff peppers with the spelt mixture and bake in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with some greens & enjoy!