Spelt & Raspberry Nutty Flapjacks With White Chocolate
- Healthier Spelt Flapjacks with Gojis, Raspberry & Raw White Chocolate
- Toffee-like, crunchy spelt bars made with red berries, coconut sugar, cashews and homemade white chocolate. These tasty treats are DAIRY FREE and low GI in comparison to many honey-rich, sugar-full flapjacks/oat bars available in supermarkets.
- Spelt bars are fun to make and taste fabulous! Great for the kids and adults – they’re sweet yet not sickly. They taste great with a drizzling of white chocolate but they’re just as tasty on their own. Give them a go!
- 1) Melt the coconut sugar, coconut butter and syrup in a pan on low/medium heat. The sugar takes longer to melt than the butter so keep stirring regularly – you want a smooth toffee sauce. Don’t let it burn. When it begins to gently bubble, remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2) In a mixing bowl, add the grains, seeds, goji berries and nuts. Pour in the sugary mix using a spatula to scrape out all the contents of the pan. Give the whole thing a good stir.
- 3) Drop your mix onto your lined tray and spread out. The bars should be about an inch think. Pop in the oven and bake for about 15/20 minutes. Then set aside to cool. (Any goji berry on the top will darken. This is normal).
- 4) To make the white chocolate, melt the cocoa butter in a baine Marie (a bowl suspended in a pan of boiling water). Squeeze in some agave and whisk. Add the lucuma, vanilla and cashew meal.
- 5) Slice the spelt into bars and drizzle on the white chocolate. To finish, decorate with crushed freeze dried raspberries. Chill in the fridge to set the chocolate.
- White chocolate recipe courtesy of Galia at Chock Chick.