Smoked Salmon Blinis
- A Delicious Breakfast Dish with Crème Fraiche & Smoked Salmon
- These tiny pancakes are a Russian dish that are traditionally topped with caviar, but for a decadent breakfast try them with cooling crème fraiche, salmon and a sprinkle of dill and parsley.
- Pre heat the oven to 170C/325F/gas 3.
- 1) sift the flour and the Xylitol together, add the egg, milk, butter and whisk.
- 2) heat a knob of butter in a shallow based frying pan, dollop a ladle full of mixture into the pan and fry until the surface begins to bubble. Flip over and cook for a few more minutes.
- 3) Repeat with other blinis, place on an oven tray and bake for 10 minute on Gas mark 3.
- Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche and layers of smoked salmon, along with a glass of fresh orange juice and a flower for a perfect Mothering Sunday breakfast.
- This recipe makes 8 – 10 individual pancakes