Seeded Crescent Rolls
- Fill with your favourite ingredients.
- Makes between 12-16 crescents.
- Ideal breakfast and lunch accompaniment.
- Good source of fibre.
500g Wheat Grain Flour
300 ml Soya milk
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tube of Tartex Pate
1 tsp of salt
1-2 Tbsp of Pumpkin Seeds
1-2 Tbsp of Sunflower Seeds
1-2 Tbsp of Brown Flax Seed
- 1 egg yolk.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °c Fan/200 °c/Gas Mark 6. Prepare baking sheets with baking parchment or grease lightly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, ghee, salt, honey and yeast.
- Warm up the soya milk a little bit, then add it to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together well with your hands and bring together to form a ball of dough.
- Cut the dough ball into quarters, cover the bowl with a tea towel and then put it aside somewhere warm for the yeast to work.
- Leave the dough for around an hour or until it has expanded a little.
- After that you can start forming crescents.
- You should be able to make 4 crescents from a quarter of the dough mix.
- Take each small dough ball and roll by hand roughly into a flat triangle.
- Squeeze a slim line of pate along one edge of each triangle, then carefully roll it up, so the pate will be inside the roll.
- Then carefully twist the ends towards each other to form a crescent. Repeat with each dough ball. And place directly on your baking sheets leaving a little space around each roll for expansion.
- In a small container or bowl mix together the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and flaxseed.
- Glaze the top of each crescent with a little egg yolk and sprinkle with the mixed seeds.
- Place in the oven for around 30-40 minutes or until the tops have browned.
- Remove and enjoy straight from the oven with your favourite soup, spread or alongside a Ploughman’s Lunch!
- Once the buns are cool they can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days.