Salted Caramel & Vanilla Chocolates
- Delicious, moreish chocolates – you won’t believe they are vegan!
- Rich, dark chocolates filled with Geo Organics spreads.
- Easy to make!
- This recipe makes around 20 chocolates (depending on the size of your moulds).
100g Cacao Butter
6 Tbsp Cacao Powder
2 Tbsp Date Syrup
pinch of Salt
2-3 Tbsp Creamt Vanilla Spread
2-3 Tbsp Salted Caramel Spread
- Place a heatproof bowl in a saucepan of water and gently heat on a low setting. Melt the cacao butter in the bowl. Use a whisk to keep the mixture moving.
- Add the cacao powder a spoonful at a time, stirring constantly.
- Keeping the heat on low, mix in date syrup.
- Fill each of the moulds to the top with chocolate. Turn the mould upside down over the bowl you used to make your chocolate. Let the chocolate drip down, leaving the sides completely coated.
- Using a sharp knife, scrape any excess chocolate from the top of the mould. Put the mould into the fridge for at least half an hour to set.
- Roll the Geo Organics spreads into a large pea-sized balls and squash them into the centre of each chocolate.
- Pour the remaining chocolate into the moulds, covering the filling. Scrape away the excess chocolate.
- Return the chocolate mould to the fridge and leave to set.
- Once the chocolate has completely set, turn the mould over and carefully push each chocolate out of the mould. If any are being stubborn then pop the mould back into the fridge for a while longer to give them a bit more time to set.