- Makes 480g of Pesto.
- Just stir through cooked pasta.
- Spread onto grilled fish.
- Use as a dip or condiment.
- Can be stored in the fridge for multiple meals.
75g Pine Nuts. This seed from the pine tree adds a rich creamy, nutty taste which complements the fresh flavours of the basil and rocket.
375ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Use Extra Virgin for depth of flavour. Oil helps to meld the flavours together and acts as a natural preservative.
- 200g fresh Rocket leaves.
- 100g of Pecorino Cheese, finely grated.
- 15g fresh Parsley (flat or curly)
- 15g fresh Basil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled.
- Toast the pine nuts gently in a dry pan until they are golden brown. Remove from the heat and transfer into a bowl or cup. Allow to cool.
- Add all the ingredients into a liquidiser or food processor and blend into a paste.
- The pesto is now ready to be used.
- Spoon excess mixture into sterilised glass jars and pour a layer of Olive Oil on top. Seal and keep refrigerated for up to two weeks.