Roasted Herbed Vegetables
- Vegetable Kebabs
- Simple, with a honey and mustard marinade.
- The marinade is based on olive oil, which keeps the vegetables moist and juicy.
- Can be barbecued, grilled or roasted.
- These flavours can be used for meat too.
2-3 teaspoons. A runny, mild honey will work best (such as the English clear honey). Used correctly, honey will help the vegetables to caramelise, without adding too much sweetness.
1-2 teaspoons of mustard powder. This should be noticeable, but not overpowering.
1 level teaspoonful. These mixed herbs consist of basil, marjoram, oregano, parsley, sage and thyme.
1 tablespoon of tomato puree. This helps to offset the sweetness of the honey.
A sprinkling of chilli flakes according to taste.
Around half a teaspoon of cracked black pepper.
Half a cup of olive oil is used in this recipe, as we are creating a marinade to bathe the vegetables in. There is no need to use an expensive one, as most of the flavour comes from the herbs, spices and honey.
A few pinches of salt to taste.
Rosemary and paprika flavoured roast vegetables.
- Create a marinade in a bowl by mixing the olive oil, honey, mustard, chillies, herbs, tomato puree, black pepper and salt.
- Chop the vegetables and put them onto a tray. Pour over the marinade, mix and leave overnight.
- Give the mixture one final stir, then drain away the oil.
- Put the vegetables onto skewers.
- Grill or barbecue for around 15 minutes, turning frequently.