Roasted Veg and Bean Millet Salad
- This superfood bowl is packed with good stuff! We paired our millet grain with roasted butternut squash, Mexican style black turtle beans, courgette, mushrooms and spinach! Enjoy this dish for lunch or dinner. Who says meat-free dishes are boring?
- Makes enough for two greedy people
- Enjoy any leftovers for lunch!
- Millet can be used as a substitute to cous cous or rice!
100g Millet Grain
2 stock cube Vegetable Stock Cubes
1 pinch Pink Salt
1 can Black turtle Beans, drained
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
3 tomatoes, Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
1 tbsp Light Tahini
- 1 fresh red chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- Half a large white onion
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Half a roasted butternut squash
- 2 mushrooms (grilled)
- Half a courgette (Sliced and grilled)
- Handful of Spinach
- 250 ml water
- Lightly toast the millet grains in a dry pan. When the grains are a golden brown pour in 230 ml water, one stock cube and a pinch of salt.
- Bring the millet to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Whilst the millet is cooking, heat up the olive oil in a separate pan. Add the chopped white onion, half of the spring onions, the garlic cloves and the large red chilli. Saute until soft.
- Add the garlic powder, paprika and the cumin – fry until fragrant.
- Add the drained black turtle beans, the remaining stock cube, diced tomato and 20ml water.
- Cook the beans mixture until it is soft and the water has gone. This should take around 10 minutes.
- Plate up your fresh spinach, butternut squash, mushrooms, courgettes and sun dried tomatoes. Once the millet and beans are cooked, add to the plate!
- Drizzle with tahini and enjoy! We garnished ours with the remainder of the spring onion and some fresh coriander!