Red Pepper Cashew Pesto
- Makes 300g of Pesto.
- Use as a condiment or dip.
- Stir through pasta, rice or sliced boiled potatoes.
- Use as a sauce for baked vegetable and pasta.
150g Fire Roasted Red Peppers. These giant red peppers lend this pesto a rich smoked flavour.
130g Roasted Cashews.
4 tsp of Freeze-Dried Oregano.
- 2 large cloves of garlic, peeled.
- 30g of finely grated parmesan.
- Drain then dab the peppers with kitchen roll and cut the peppers roughly into large strips.
- Add the peppers and the rest of the ingredients to a liquidiser or food processor and blend into a paste.
- Season with black pepper or add a pinch of cayenne powder if you wish. The pesto is ready to use.
- Transfer any remainder into an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to a week.