Raw Food Platter
- This raw and vegan friendly lunch platter is made up of several elements including Pizza Rolls filled with Vegan Cheese as well as tasty Vegan Sushi Rolls. We used an electric fan oven set on either de-frost or slow-cook setting to try and mimic a dehydrator. If you are lucky enough to own a dehyrator then your results will be slightly different and of course truer to the Raw Food ethic! The lunch starts off with these appetizer-style cheesey kale bites…
- Part 1. Savoury Kale Nuggets
- Kale covered in a moreish crunchy coating.
- Vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- A filling and healthy snack.
- Serves 2-4 people.
4 heaped Tbsp Cashew Butter
1 Tbsp Tamari Sauce
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
14g of Nutritional Yeast Flakes
3 tsp of Lemon Juice
6-7 tsp Apple Cyder Vinegar
4-5 tsp White Wine Vinegar
1-1½tsp of Smoked Paprika.
100g Golden Flax Seed
50g Brown Flax Seed
70g Ground Sprouted Flax & Chia
35g Sunflower Seeds
30g Pumpkin Seeds
35g Unblanched Almonds
35g Sun-dried Tomatoes
2 tsp Tamari Sauce
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Dried Marjoram
1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
pinch of Coarse Ground Pepper
120g Pine Nuts, soaked for a min. 2-3 hours.
80g Cashew Nuts, soaked for a min. 2-3 hours.
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
1-1½ Tbsp of Lemon Juice
1-2 Tbsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
230g-240g of Butter beans, drained.
4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Tbsp Hulled Sesame Seeds
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
Pinch of salt
½tsp of Cayenne Pepper
Handful of Cashews
- 30g-40g chopped kale, washed.
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled.
- Pre-heat the oven on a slow cook setting and set aside a non-stick silicone sheet on top of a baking tray.
- Add all the ingredients except for the kale into a blender or food processor. Blend for 10-20 seconds, then stir the mixture and continue in this manner until all the ingredients are combined into a smooth paste.
- Put the kale into a large mixing bowl then add the sauce. Using a wooden spoon and/or your hands coat all the pieces of kale. This will be quite a thick coating.
- Spread the coated kale evenly across the silicone sheet and place in the oven for at least 2-3 hours. Turn them half way through if you wish.
- The kale bites should be browned and lightly crisp when they come out of the oven. They can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for several days.