Raw Chocolate Romeo Hearts
Make delightfully smooth raw chocolates with this simple recipe. These heart-shaped chocolates have a sweet almond filling for an exciting surprise when you take a bite. You could use any filling, including whole nuts, fruit or fruit spread.
You can partner these chocolates with our raw chocolate Juliet Blushes – a gorgeous chocolate love affair!
100g raw cacao butter
6 tbsp raw cacao powder
3 tbsp maple syrup
A pinch of pink salt
1 tbsp almond butter
1) Place a heatproof bowl in a saucepan of water and gently heat on a low setting. Melt the cacao butter in the bowl. Use a whisk to keep the mixture moving.
2) Add the cacao powder a spoonful at a time, stirring constantly.
3) Keeping the heat on low, mix in your maple syrup. You may wish to add more than the suggested amount if you prefer a sweeter chocolate. Once mixed in, pour the mixture straight into your mould. Be aware that keeping the chocolate on the heat may cause overheating.
4) To set the chocolate, place the mould in the fridge for 2 hours or the freezer for 20 minutes.
5) To make the Romeos, when you are ready to pour the chocolate, fill the moulds only half way up and place in the freezer. Put the remaining melted chocolate to one side.
6) To make the filling spoon out the almond butter into a dish and add a trickle of maple syrup. Mix together with a spoon and taste. You may choose to add more of either the nut butter or syrup depending on how sweet you would like it.
7) Remove the set chocolate from the freezer. With clean fingers, roll the almond mix into a large pea-sized ball and squash into the centre of each chocolate.
8) Pour the remaining chocolate into the moulds, covering the almond filling. Return the chocolate mould to the fridge/freezer and leave to set.