Quinoa Salad with Halloumi
- A fresh and flavourful salad.
- Can be made in less than half an hour!
- Protein-rich, meaning you feel fuller for longer.
- Serve with pan-friend halloumi and zesty lemon dressing.
1 pack Instant Quinoa
1 handful Goji Berries
2 tbsp Pine Nuts (toasted)
6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbspMixed Herbs
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Horseradish Mustard
- Butternut squash (peeled and deseeded)
- Pan fried halloumi slices
- Fresh mint (washed and chopped)
- Cucumber (diced and de-seeded)
- Pre heat your oven to about gas mark 6. Cut your butternut squash into small cubes. Toss in a drizzle of olive oil, the mixed herbs and garlic powder. Evenly scatter onto a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- Empty the instant pre-cooked quinoa into a large mixing bowl. Add the goji berries, cucumber, mint and pine nuts.
- Make the dressing. I find it best to do in a mason jar. Just add the lemon juice, horseradish mustard and the rest of the olive oil. Shake until combined! Set aside until you are ready to serve.
- When the butternut squash is lovely and golden, add to the rest of the salad and stir to combine.
- In a non-stick frying pan lightly fry the halloumi slices until they are golden on both sides.
- Drizzle the dressing over the quinoa salad and top with halloumi. Serve while the cheese is still warm for optimum eating experience.