Pumpkin Gnocchi with Cheezy Cashew Sauce
- Delicious alternative to Italian classic potato gnocchi.
- Cashew cheezy sauce makes this vegan dish a very satisfying and comforting dinner idea.
- Quick and easy to make.
- Vegan and Gluten Free.
- Serves 2 people.
1 tin Pumpkin Puree
150g Gluten Free Flour
150g Cashew Nuts
2 Tbsp Yeast Flakes
1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Granules
- 175ml Warm Water
- Cover cashews with water, leave to soak for about an hour.
- Mix pumpkin puree, flour and a ground nutmeg in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper. The dough should be soft and light and not stick to your fingers.
- Shape the gnocchi with your fingers.
- Bring a big saucepan of water to the boil. Drop the fresh gnocchi into the pan of boiling water. Cook until they rise to the top of the pot. Lift them out with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Make the cashews sauce while the gnocchi are cooking. Place soaked cashews in the blender, add fresh warm water, yeast flakes, onion powder and garlic, blend until smooth. Try your sauce and season to taste with salt, pepper and chilli powder.
- Pour your cashews sauce over freshly cooked gnocchi. Enjoy!