Mushroom Thyme Risotto
- A cosy autumnal dish.
- Can be made in less than half an hour!
- Vegan friendly.
- Makes enough for four hungry people.
210g Arborio Rice
1 tbsp Freeze-dried Thyme
2 cubes Vegetable Stock Cubes
1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes
1 handful Porcini Mushrooms
1 tsp Mushroom Powder
- 1 White Onion (finely diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely diced)
- 1 handful Petite Pois (we used frozen)
- 1 small glass of White Wine
- 1 tbsp Salted Butter/vegan friendly spread
- 1 lt of water
- Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- Melt the butter in a wide bottomed pan on a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until softened.
- In another pan add the stock cubes, mushroom powder and porcini mushrooms to the water. Simmer on the lowest heat.
- Add the rice to the pan with the onions and garlic. Cook until the grains turn translucent.
- Add the wine. This stir the rice until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the thyme.
- Ladle in some of the porcini stock into the frying pan. Stir the rice until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat this step until you have used most of the stock.
- Add the peas and the nutritional yeast flakes to the rice mixture. Add the final amount of stock and stir until the rice has fully absorbed the liquid.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!