Mulled Cider with Pomegranate
- Sweetly spiced and fruity warm drink.
- A lighter alternative to mulled wine.
- Serves around 6 people.
5 Whole Cloves
4 Star Anise
¼ of a Whole Nutmeg, grated.
1 stick of Cinnamon, cracked in half.
1 Vanilla Pod, split open.
200ml Pomegranate Juice
3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 litres of Apple Cider
- 250 ml Apple Juice, not from concentrate
- Pour the cider into a saucepan and put on a medium heat before adding the rest of the ingredients. Stir.
- Bring to a simmer and leave to gently bubble for at least 20 minutes. Continue to stir occasionally during this time.
- When ready to serve, sieve the spices out and pour into punch bowl or other pretty vessel and serve immediately. For an informal get-together just ladle directly from the saucepan!