Mint Superfood Hot Chocolate Sticks
- Makes x5 30ml sized hot chocolate sticks.
- Stir into hot milk or milk substitute for a luxury drink.
50g Cacao Butter, roughly chopped or grated.
4 Tbsp of Raw Cacao Powder
4 Tbsp Coconut Nectar Syrup
4-6 drops or ¼ tsp of Peppermint Extract
1 Tbsp Acai Berry Powder
Heaped Tbsp Whole Blackberries, roughly crushed.
Pinch of salt (optional)
- Place a single lollipop stick or ice-lolly stick into clean disposable tasting cups (30ml size) or any other suitable chocolate mould. Lay these out onto a flat baking tray or marble chopping board. Keep to one side.
- Melt the Cocoa Butter in a Bain Marie: a bowl nestled over another bowl or pan filled with boiling water. It is not necessary to put this on the cooker. Just use the heat from the boiling water and refresh as necessary. This will help prevent the mixture from overheating and causing crystallisation in the finished chocolate. TIP: We normally grate the Cacao Butter to help speed up the melting process.
- Next gently stir in the raw Cacao Powder, Acai Powder and then add the Coconut Syrup. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Add a few drops of Peppermint Extract. Taste the mixture and add more according to taste. We used 4 drops from a standard disposable pipette to provide a gentle and pleasant mint flavour.
- Using a small ladle or spoon fill the chocolate mould shapes to just below the surface. Sprinkle the crushed blackberries on top.
- Allow to cool either in the fridge or in a cool place. If you’re in a hurry use the fridge!
- The chocolate turns lighter as it starts to solidify. Gently remove from the moulds and package up as gifts or store in an airtight container.