- Gelatine-free Milk & Fruit Jelly Recipe
- A fruity jelly/blancmange made using natural ingredients and no gelatine.
- This recipe is strawberry flavoured but it would work well using any of our Freeze-dried Fruit Powders. Serve with runny custard or vanilla ice-cream.
- The jelly is made using agar flakes, a type of flavourless sea vegetable. You don’t need much and it makes fantastic wobbly jelly – the more agar you use, the firmer your dessert will get.
This strawberry Powder is 100% pure strawberry and can be used to flavour desserts, milkshakes or even sprinkled onto your breakfast in the morning.
100% pure blackcurrant powder.
100% pure banana powder.
100% pure raspberry powder.
Agar flakes are a natural alternative to gelatine for making jellies and other desserts.
A natural sweetener that is a good alternative to cane sugar in desserts, tea or coffee.
Rice milk is a dairy-free alternative to milk and can be used in desserts as well as tea, coffee or over breakfast cereals.
1) Boil 100ml water and bring to a simmer. Sprinkle in the agar and stir until dissolved.
2) Keep stirring and spoon in the fruit powder bit by bit, then squeeze in a table spoon or two of agave syrup to sweeten.
3) Take off the heat and pour in the milk and immediately transfer to your mould. Take care not to rush pouring as the mixture will be very hot.
4) Leave aside to set (agar will set faster in the fridge). Setting time will differ depending on the depth of your mould. Our little mould seen in the photograph is approximately 3 inches high and took about an hour to set all the way through in the fridge.
5) Removing your jelly might require sitting the mould in hot water to help warm the base. Then, place a plate over the top and flip the mould over. A few taps on the bottom should help to release the jelly onto the plate….wibble wobble!