Matcha Green Tea Chocolates
- Unique green tea flavour.
- Beautifully coloured chocolates.
- Ready in a couple of hours.
- No cane sugar.
- Gluten and dairy-free.
- Makes around 14-16 bars (measuring approx. 5cm x 2.5cm)
100g Raw Cacao Butter, grated or cut into chips
2 tsp of Match Green Tea Powder. We used the top of the range Organic Ceremonial Grade Green Matcha Tea Powder.
2-3 Tbsp Coconut Nectar Syrup
3 Tbsp Cashew Butter
5 Tbsp Almond Flour
¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Lucuma Powder
Pinch of Salt
- Place a clean, dry chocolate mould (silicone moulds are easier to work with) onto a flat baking tray. Keep to one side.
- Melt the Cacao Butter in a bain marie: a bowl resting over a saucepan of boiling water, placed on the hob and set on a low-medium heat.
- Stir in the Cashew Nut Butter. Turn off the heat and then remove the bowl from the Bain Marie.
- Add the Almond Flour, Matcha Green Tea Powder, Lucuma Powder and Vanilla Extract. Combine into a smooth liquid. The consistency should be like that of double cream.
- Finally add the Coconut Nectar Syrup and the pinch of salt. Stir again, then taste. Add more syrup if you wish, as required.
- Using a dessert spoon, transfer the chocolate mixture smoothly and rapidly into your clean, dry silicone chocolate mould. Fill to the top and no more as this will make the finished chocolates more professional looking
- Tap the mould slightly to allow any bubbles to rise to the surface and break. Place in the fridge for an hour or so, depending on how deep the chocolate mould is.
- The chocolates can then be removed from their individual moulds. We recommend using disposable gloves to avoid any unsightly looking fingerprints!
- Optional: Dust the chocolates gently with a little extra Matcha Green Tea powder for a dramatic effect before serving.
- These chocolates are best enjoyed straight from the fridge or lightly chilled.