Maple Pecan Granola
This granola will have you jumping out of bed in the morning! Maple Syrup and Pecan nuts were meant to be together…
This is a simple breakfast cereal to which we’ve added nutritious Wheatgerm and for added natural sweetness, some squidgy, dried apricots. A little Cinnamon Powder creates the added impression of sweetness without the need for more Maple Syrup.
Add to yoghurt, fromage frais or smoothies for breakfast. For an afternoon treat sprinkle into vanilla ice-cream for a yummy dessert.
250g of Infinity Muesli Mix
80g Apricots, chopped
50g Pecan Nuts, roughly chopped
6 tsp of Pecan Nut Butter
8 tbsp of Maple Syrup
½ tsp of Cinnamon Powder
1-2 tbsp of Wheatgerm
1) Pre-heat the oven to 170°c/Fan 160°c/Gas Mark 3.
2) Place a sheet of baking parchment onto a flat baking tray.
3) Put the pecan nut butter and butter into a microwave proof bowl. Microwave on medium heat for around 30-40 seconds or until butter has melted and the pecan nut butter has softened. Mix well.
4) Add the Cinnamon powder and maple syrup and stir well.
5) Put the Muesli Mix, chopped apricots, wheatgerm and pecan nuts into a large mixing bowl and add the butter mixture. Coat the muesli by turning the ingredients with a wooden spoon or spatula until the muesli is evenly coated and there is no powdery residue.
6) By hand, crumble the muesli across the baking tray. Place towards the top of the oven for 8 minutes or until clusters start to form and become golden brown.
7) Then using a wooden spoon or heat proof spatula, turn the mixture over. Chop any large pieces that have started to form. Place back in the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown.
8) Remove from the oven and allow to cool before transferring into an airtight container ready for breakfast!