Lentil & Vegetables Vegan Wellington
- Delicious, festive and utterly decadent vegan wellington!
- Can also be used to make pies or patties.
- This easy to make dish is great any time of the year, not just at Christmas!
0.5 tin lentils
0.5 cup walnuts
3tbsp potato cubes
2tbsp green peas
2tbsp red onion
1tsp bouillon powder
1tbsp soya sauce
0.5tsp mixed spice
0.25tsp freshly ground pepper
2tbsp rapeseed oil
salt to taste
gravy - to serve
- 1 packet of vegan puff pastry.
- 0.5 fresh onion.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 100g chestnut mushrooms.
- 250ml water.
- Prepare and chop up fresh onion, garlic, mushrooms and walnuts, and leave in separate piles.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and a pinch of salt, and cook until soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mix 1tsp bouillon with 250ml water. Add walnuts and bouillon to the pan, mix well.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Add freeze-dried vegetables, lentils, herbs, spices and soya sauce to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Check your lentil & vegetable mix and season according to taste. Leave to cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry slightly, place the mix on top and form a log. Cut the puff pastry as desired and seal.
- Brush with some plant-based milk and bake for around 30 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Mix your gravy according to the instruction on the pack.
- Slice your wellington using a sharp knife, and serve with gravy.