Hot Choccie Heaven
This recipe makes a large mug full of hot chocolate. It can equally be made into a cold milkshake, and you can use any kind of milk or milk substitute. The almond milk we used lends a lovely aroma to the drink as you sip it.
It’s quick to make, with no artificial colours or flavours. A simply blissful beverage!
2 Tbsp of cacao powder, plus a little extra for dusting.
2 tsp of this sweet fruit powder.
1 tsp of vanilla powder or vanilla essence.
A pinch of pink salt.
250ml almond milk, plus a little extra for mixing the cocoa paste. Almond milk lends this drink a subtle almond flavour that works well with the chocolate.
4 tsp, or more if you wish - according to taste.
1) Gently heat the Almond Milk in a small saucepan. Do not allow to boil! It should be just steaming.
2) In a mug, mix the cacao, lucuma, vanilla extract and coconut sugar with a little of the extra cold almond milk into a smooth paste. Add a pinch of pink salt.
3) Remove the milk from the heat and slowly whisk in the paste. Get a fresh mug ready. Taste and add more sugar if you wish.
4) With the mix still in the pan, whisk the liquid vigorously to produce a froth (or use a hand held milk frother if you have one!).
5) Pour your hot chocolate into your mug. Spoon extra froth from the bottom of the saucepan on top of the drink if you wish. Garnish with a sprinkle of Hot Choccie Powder and enjoy!