Homemade Cashew Milk
- Delicious and nutritious homemade cashew drink.
- If you don’t strain the milk, it’ll retain all the nutrients and fibre.
- Perfect alternative to store-bought nut drinks.
- Can be used in tea and coffee or cereals and bakes.
1cup cashew nuts
2 medjool dates
salt to taste
- 4 cups water + more to soak.
- Soak the cashews in water for at at least 3 hours, or overnight in the fridge.
- Drain the water and rinse the cashews.
- Place cashews, dates, salt and 2 cups of water in a powerful blender and blend until smooth.
- Blend in more milk and check the consistency. If you’re happy with the milk, pour it into the jug and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- If you prefer a smoother consistency, strain the milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.