- A simple twist on the pesto recipe.
- Takes 3 minutes to make!
- Uses hazelnuts rather than pine nuts.
- This recipe makes a generous amount of pesto.
- Serve with pasta or use in sauces.
100g of roasted hazelnuts. Pesto is, of course, usually based on pine nuts, but hazelnuts are a more affordable alternative, and the taste is still good!
1 jar of minced basil. This is a handy jar with many uses - it's good for use in pasta sauces, on pizzas etc. Of course, you can also opt for fresh basil with a twist of lemon juice.
1 clove of garlic, or half a teaspoonful of garlic paste.
A sprinkle of black pepper powder, or crushed whole peppercorns.
A drizzle of olive oil to help loosen the mixture and allow it to be blended more easily.
- Grind the nuts and the garlic in a coffee grinder or blender, aiming for a finely-ground consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the basil and a drizzle of olive oil, and mix all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add a sprinkle of black pepper powder to taste.
- Give the ingredients one final mix.
- Serve. This pesto tastes good on its own with pasta, and can also be stirred into pasta sauces or into pasta salads.