Gluten Free Dumplings
- Yummy, fluffy dumplings perfect with stews and gluten-free!
200g Gluten-Free Plain White Flour
1 tsp Gluten-Free Bicarbonate of Soda
1 tsp Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Mixed Herbs or Herbs de Provence
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add knobs of the margarine/butter into the flour.
- Then with the tips of your fingers, rub the butter into the flour mix until you have rough breadcrumbs. Add the vinegar and knead into a ball. If your mix is a little dry then use some water or milk to bring the dough together into a large ball. Although, we found that this wasn’t necessary as the butter provided enough moisture to bring the dough together nicely!
- Divide the dough ball into 6 to 8 pieces and roll into even balls between both hands. Place each ball onto a lightly floured plate or board.
- Gently place each dumpling onto the surface of the casserole around 20-25 minutes or so before the end of the cooking time. Remember to place the lid back onto your casserole dish after adding the dumplings.
- Remove from the oven once the tops of the dumplings are golden brown. Serve in deep bowls. Once cooled, any leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for around 1-2 days.