Gluten-Free Vegan Christmas Cake
- Our gluten-free Christmas Cake is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. This perfect festive bake can be enjoyed by everyone as it is free from cane sugar and gluten as well as being vegan-friendly!
- A very easy to make, yet outstanding version of this Christmas special!
- Free from gluten, cane sugar and dairy!
- Delicious, rich and moreish.
- You can swap the fruits and nuts according to your taste preferences.
150g silken tofu
200g vine fruit mix
50g candied orange peel
50g candied lemon peel
50g roasted hazelnuts
150g self-raising gluten-free flour
50g coconut sugar
2 tsp egg replacer
1tsp ground nutmeg
1 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cloves
1/4 + 1/4 tsp salt.
150g icing sugar alternative (or more, to taste).
seeds from 1 vanilla pod
cinnamon sticks (decorations)
star anise (decorations)
- 300g vegan margarine.
- 1 medium size orange.
- 2 tbsp rum – optional.
- A sprig of rosemary – to decorate.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Put 100g margarine, tofu and orange in the blender, blend until smooth.
- Chop prunes, figs and hazelnuts and mix all dried fruit and nuts together in a big bowl.
- Mix 2tsp egg replacer with 60ml water and set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix flour, 1/4tsp salt and coconut sugar with spices.
- Add the orange & margarine mix, egg replacer and rum (if you’re using it) to the flour.
- Add your nuts and fruits to the cake mixture.
- Line a 20cm/8in cake tin with baking paper. Spoon the mixture in and level off the top.
- Bake for about 1.5 hours or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Make the icing – in a big bowl mix salt and 200g margarine until fluffy. Add icing sugar alternative, 1/4tsp salt and vanilla seeds and mix for about 5 minutes. Taste and add more icing sugar alternative if it’s not sweet enough.
- Decorate your cake and place in the fridge for about an hour.