Light & Fluffy Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Makes 6 large rolls.
- Simple to mix up a batch quickly.
- Proves in just over an hour.
- Light, fluffy & crumbly with a crispy crust!
390g bread flour blend. This is made from mixing Millet Flour, Tapioca Flour, Potato Flour and Cornstarch.
2 tsp Quick Yeast. Helps the bread to rise in combination with the egg.
2 tsp Xanthan Gum. Helps bind the ingredients and helps the bread retain moisture.
40g Coconut Sugar. Helps the yeast to activate as well as adding flavour.
1 tsp of Sea Salt.
70g of melted Coconut Oil. Use deodorised coconut oil to avoid flavouring the bread.
- 1 Medium egg.
- 500ml/half a Litre of warm water.
- In a large mixing bowl or electric mixer pour in the 500ml of warm water. Then add the coconut sugar and stir gently.
- Then sprinkle over the yeast and give a quick stir. Cover for at least 5 minutes or until the mixture stars to form a froth.
- Uncover and stir in/mix in the bread flour blend and the xanthan gum for around 30 seconds. Then add the oil, the egg and the sea salt.
- Mix until all the ingredients are nicely blended and have formed a loose, sticky and stretchy dough. This is quite a wet dough and will not require kneading – but do mix thoroughly for around 5 minutes.
- Cover the mixture and place somewhere warm. Allow the dough to rise (prove) for 1¼hrs – 1½hrs.
- Then transfer blobs of dough into roughly equal pieces onto a greased or non-stick baking tray.
- Pre-heat the oven to 210°c/ 200°c Fan/ Gas Mark 6.
- Place in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes. Check the buns after around 12 minutes to ensure they are not burning on top and if the underneath still looks slightly raw turn the temperature down a little and bake for longer.
- Remove once baked. These buns can be enjoyed straight from the oven and also store well for a couple of days if kept in an airtight container.