Fruit & Nut Raw Chocolate Bark
- This delicious, moreish dark chocolate bark will make the perfect gift.
- You can play around with different toppings, depending on what is in your cupboard.
- Vegan, raw & gluten-free.
250g cacao butter
150g cacao powder
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup cashew nuts
150g coconut syrup (or more, to taste)
4tsp cashew butter
2tbsp apple cubes
a pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Spread almonds and cashews in a single layer on some baking paper and place in the oven.
- Bake for around 10 minutes until brown, checking often. Be careful not to burn them.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Chop the almonds and cashews roughly.
- Place a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of water and gently heat on a low setting. Melt the cacao butter in the bowl. Use a whisk to keep the mixture moving.
- Add the cacao powder a spoonful at a time, stirring constantly.
- Keeping the heat on low, mix in the coconut nectar and salt.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour in the chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle with roasted nuts and freeze-dried fruits and place in the fridge.
- Once your chocolate bark is set, break it into pieces and enjoy.