Have a crack at making delicious raw chocolate Easter Eggs with this simple recipe! There’s a velvety dark shell with a satisfying snap and a melt-in-the-mouth consistency.
This recipe makes two whole Easter eggs, which can be decorated with coloured foils or ribbons.
6 tablespoons of raw cacao powder.
100g of raw cacao butter.
3 tablespoons of coconut sugar or other sweetener.
A pinch of pink salt.
1) Place a heat-proof bowl in a saucepan of water and gently heat on a low setting. Melt the cacao butter in the bowl. Use a whisk to keep the mixture moving.
2) Add the cacao powder a spoonful at a time, stirring constantly.
3) Lastly keeping the heat on low, add your sugar or sweetener. You may wish to add more than the suggested amount if you prefer a sweeter chocolate. Do note, keeping the chocolate on the heat may cause overheating.
4) Set the chocolate aside to cool down for a few minutes. This allows the chocolate to thicken slightly allowing the mixture to stick to the mould. Apply to the mould with either a silicon brush or spatula.
5) To set the chocolate, place the mould in the fridge for 2 hours or the freezer for 20 minutes.