Creamy Polenta with Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Moreish creamy polenta with a fragrant and delicious tomato sauce.
- Makes for a perfect lunch or dinner, and it’s very easy to prepare too!
- Vegan & gluten-free.
1 packet oat cream
1tsp bouillon powder
2tbsp olive oil
pinch of nutmeg
salt to taste
pepper to taste
- 2 cups water.
- 0.5kg tomatoes.
- 1 onion.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- A sprinkle of vegan parmesan (optional).
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic in a roasting tray, add the olive oil and mix to combine.
- Place in the oven and allow to roast for 30-45 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and starting to char.
- Heat a splash of oil in a deep pan and fry the chopped onion until soft.
- Turn the heat down, add roasted tomatoes, salt and pepper and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Blend until smooth.
- In a saucepan, combine water, oat cream, bouillon powder and nutmeg. Stir in polenta and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add the olive oil and simmer the polenta, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan, for about 25 minutes.
- Pour polenta into the serving bowl, add tomato sauce, sprinkle with brazil nut parmesan and enjoy!