Christmas Crescents with Mincemeat
- A festive treat for hungry guests.
- Healthier alternative to traditional mince pies.
- Made using 100% Wholemeal Flour.
- Makes 24 crescents.
380g Wholemeal Flour
Jar of Mincemeat
3 Tbsp ghee
120g Coconut Sugar
7g dried yeast
200ml Almond Cream
1Tbsp of Sukrin Icing Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- On a low heat, melt the ghee. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the coconut sugar and egg yolks using an electric hand mixer until well combined. Pour into the melted ghee, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and yeast together. Sift into the ghee mixture, mixing well to form a dough.
- Knead with your hands, slowly adding almond cream until your pastry has an ‘elastic’ feel.
- Leave to stand in a warm place for about an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 170°.
- Divide the pastry into 3 equally-sized portions. Roll each pastry ball into a round shape with approximate 5mm thickness, and then cut the circle into 8 equal triangles.
- Scoop 1 tsp of mincemeat into the middle of each triangle.
- Roll up tightly starting at the widest side of the triangle, rolling to opposite point.
- Bake the crescents for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool before sprinkling with icing sugar.