Chocolate & Raisin Brownie Biscuits
- Brownie style bites made in less than an hour.
- Rich chocolate flavour with a crumbly texture.
- No cane sugar, dairy free.
- Raisins add juiciness.
- Makes 14-18 large round biscuits.
50g Wholemeal Spelt Flour.
40g Coconut Flour.
90g of Cocoa Powder.
70g Deodorised Coconut Butter.
80g Coconut Sugar.
2-3 Tbsp Clear Honey. This Spanish Honey has a light, sweet flavour perfect for general sweetening.
65g of Raisins.
1 tsp Vanilla Extract.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c/Fan 175°c , Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare at least 2 large baking sheets with baking parchment or just grease.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a food processor (or large mixing bowl) and pulse (or stir) a few times to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Now add the wet ingredients: Coconut Butter, Vanilla Extract, Honey and the Eggs. Blend all the ingredients together until you have a sticky batter which is similar to a cake batter, but very slightly thicker.
- Add a little more Coconut Flour if you wish to make the batter a little stiffer.
- Using a dessert/tablespoon drop large blobs of mixture onto the baking parchment. Using the back of the spoon create a rough circle of batter around 1½cm-2cm thick (¾inch).
- You decide the exact size. We made ours around 7cm diameter (2 ¾ inch).
- Place in the middle of the oven for 10-12minutes or until the surface is all the same colour.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy warm or cold. These biscuits store well for a number of days in an air-tight container.