Chocolate Bunny Biscuits (Gluten Free)
- Chocolate covered cakey-cookies
- These gluten-free chocolate biscuits were made by the Healthy Supplies team following Tiana’s recipe for Chocolate Cookies. They taste totally indulgent and this is helped by having a high percentage of cocoa! In our opinion, these are more like chocolate brownies rather than the classic crunchy American cookie. This is in no way a criticism of Tiana’s recipe, as they are extremely moreish.
- As in most recipes, we substituted sugar for Xylitol in order to keep the naughty sugars out. We would say the most naughtiness came from the thick covering of Green & Blacks 70% Cocoa Chocolate we added after baking.
- In a saucepan or in a microwaveable dish, melt the Coconut Oil on the hob/in the microwave. We microwaved on 600watts for a few minutes stirred and then put back in for a few more minutes until the oil had completely liquefied.
- Remove from heat or microwave. To speed up the cooling process transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the cocoa powder.
- In another mixing bowl combine the eggs, Xylitol, salt and Vanilla Extract.
- Stir in cocoa mixture into the
- Whisk in the coconut flour into a batter until there are no lumps.
- Let the batter rest for 4 to 5 minutes to allow it to thicken slightly.
- Drop the batter by the spoonfulon a greased cookie sheet.
- We spread the mix out to a depth of around 1.5cm/ half an inch because we wanted to cut out our bunny shapes after baking. You could use small cake moulds to create the shape whilst baking.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 10-15 minutes. Don’t overcook or the mix will become bitter.
- Left over crumbs from cutting out bunnies, chicks, etc. can be used with Morello Cherries and Custard to make a Black Forest style Trifle. Yum!