Chocolate Banana Bread Truffles
- Delicious vegan truffle bites.
- Easy & quick to prepare.
- A great homemade gift idea.
- Gluten and dairy free.
- These truffles keep up to a week in an airtight box.
- Alternatively you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
- Created and photographed by Jordan Leitch
100g cup brazil nuts
100g almond butter
210g medjool dates
100g dried baby banana
30g raw cacao powder - plus a bit extra to roll the finished truffles in.
50g date syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
- Line a tray with baking parchment.
- Blend the nuts in a food processor until they resemble bread crumbs, then add all the remaining ingredients except the banana and extra cacao powder. Blend until a soft ball has formed.
- Add the banana and blend for just long enough to combine and evenly distribute.
- Use your hands to form the mix into small balls and then roll them in the extra cacao powder to coat.
- Place the truffle balls onto the lined parchment tray, repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the truffles to firm up.
- Serve as is or cover in melted chocolate for an extra special treat.