Choco Breakfast Smoothie
- A healthy and filling start to the day.
- Dairy-free smoothie with a rich chocolate flavour.
- Suitable for those on a slimming diet.
- Makes enough for 2-4 people.
3 Tbsp Fine Oatmeal. This adds thickness to the smoothie as well as soluble and insoluble fibre.
3 tsp of Cacao Powder. As well as being tasty and chocolatey, cacao is full of theobromine, a beneficial nutrient that can help lower blood pressure.
2 Tbsp Coconut Flour. Coconut flour adds thickness and coconut flavour to the smoothie.
1 Tbsp Almond Butter. For extra protein, as well as thickness and beneficial monounsaturates.
400ml Almond Milk. Almond milk is a dairy-free, milky drink. This almond milk is also sugar-free.
3 Prunes, pits removed. Adds sweetness to the smoothie, as well as fibre.
¼ tsp Vanilla Extract. Just a touch of this vanilla extract goes a long way.
2-4 tsp of Goji berries to garnish. Goji berries are ideal if left to soak overnight. Alternatively, make the smoothie a few hours beforehand and allow the goji berries to soak in the smoothie!
A protein smoothie with cashew butter, lucuma and chia seeds.
- Pour the Almond Milk into the liquidiser. Add all the other ingredients apart from the Goji berries. Pulse several times and then continue to blend for up to a minute or until the mixture is thick and frothy.
- Pour into chilled glasses, garnish with Goji berries and serve. Halve the recipe if making this smoothie just for one person.
- This smoothie can be made in advance the night before if you wish. The consistency will become thicker, as the oatmeal absorbs the Almond Milk. Counteract this by adding more Almond Milk or water if you wish.