Chia, Flax and Lucuma Smoothie
- Made with non-dairy almond milk.
- Contains chia seeds, which expand into a gel to make the smoothie very filling.
- Also contains lots of other good stuff: flax seeds, lucuma, vanilla and almond butter.
This almond milk is sugar-free. It makes an excellent alternative to dairy milk. With an almondy flavour, it works well in shakes and smoothies, as well as dessert recipes. Use around 400ml in this smoothie.
Flax seeds also help to add thickness to the smoothie, as well as being good for the digestion and containing a wide variety of nutrients. Use around 2 dessert spoonfuls.
Lucuma is a popular sweet flavour in many parts of the world. This pure lucuma powder has a flavour that is fruity and delicious. Use one heaped dessert spoonful.
- 4 strawberries.
- 100g blueberries.
- Half a banana.
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend lightly for no more than 20 seconds.
- Serve chilled.