Chia Chomp Bars
- Gluten-free, no added sugar.
- Makes 20-24 4cm x 4cm squares.
- Packed full of fibre, protein and omega oils.
- Healthy snacks and breakfast bites.
x12 Medjool Dates (remove the stones)
90g of Walnut Halves
85g Quinoa Flakes
100g Chia Seed
20g Hemp Protein Powder
70g of Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
25g Desiccated Coconut
1 tsp Vanilla Paste
40g Cacao Nibs
- 1 ripe banana
- Juice of 1 orange
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°c Fan/180°c /Gas Mark 4. Grease and/or line a small square brownie tin or other square cake tin.
- Place the pitted Medjool Dates, Banana, Vanilla Paste, melted Coconut Oil and half of the orange juice in a powerful liquidiser or food processor. Whizz up for 30-60 seconds.
- Next add the Walnut Halves and Cacao Nibs and blend for up to 30 seconds. This will allow some of the walnuts to remain slightly chunky for a nice crunch!
- Transfer the mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the Desiccated Coconut, Quinoa Flakes, Chia Seed, Hemp Protein Powder and the remainder of the orange juice. Mix thoroughly and transfer into the baking tin.
- Using the back of a non-metallic spoon/spatula press the mixture evenly across the base. Tidy up the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the edges are golden to mid-brown. The edges will darken slightly more than the centre where the natural sugars in the dates and the coconut oil caramelise. They will taste great!
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little in the tray before slicing the baked mix into squares or rectangles.