Sugar-Free Chestnut Cake
- Completely vegan-friendly!
- The delicious festive flavour of Chestnuts in a cake.
- Made with zero-GI Xylitol (birch sap) instead of sugar.
- Perfect for tea time!
400g Organic Chestnut Flour
40g Black Mulberries
40g Roasted Organic Hazelnuts
5 tbsp Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 pinch Salt
- Zest of one orange
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/ gas mark 2.
- Brush a 22cm springform cake tin (or similar) with some of the oil.
- Soak the mulberries in hot water for about 10 minutes, so they plump up while you prepare everything else.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl
- Whisk in the sugar, salt, zest and about 400ml of water.
- Stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the rest of the olive oil, beating as you add it.
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Drain the mulberries and scatter them over the top.
- Break up the roasted hazelnuts into large pieces and scatter these on top too.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.