Cauliflower Rice Mushroom Risotto
- Low fat, low carbohydrate meal.
- Rich mushroom taste, with comforting flavours.
- Make in around 30 minutes.
- Dairy-free and can be made vegetarian.
- Serves 2-4 people.
1tsp Porcini powder
1 tsp of Sage
2 Bay Leaves
1 chicken stock cube - of course you can use a vegetable stock cube to make this fully veggie!
3-4 Tbsp Rapeseed oil.
- 450-500g fresh Cauliflower, broken into large florets.
- 125g fresh Shiitake mushrooms, wiped/rinsed and roughly chopped.
- 250ml of hot water.
- 2 banana shallots, finely chopped.
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped.
- 5-6 Tbsp of dry white wine – we used Pinot Grigio.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor with a metal blade. Blitz until you have loose crumbs of cauliflower. Set to one side.
- In a deep saute/frying pan, with a lid, add a few tablespoons of rapeseed oil, chopped shallots and garlic. Fry until just golden.
- Turn the heat down a little and then add the cauliflower ‘rice’. Gently stir fry for a few minutes. Then add the shiitake mushrooms, porcini mushroom powder, white pepper and sage.
- Whilst this is gently sizzling, dissolve the stock cube in the 250ml of hot water.
- Then add the white wine to the pan, stir for a minute and then pour over the stock.
- Bring the pan to a gently bubble and cover.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes and then it should be ready to serve.