Cashew & Herb Cheese
- Creamy, delicious and very moreish.
- Vegan and gluten-free cheese alternative.
- Can be enjoyed on its own or spread onto bread or crackers.
- Can be used as a cheese base on a vegan pizza.
- Easy to make.
- Makes two medium size cheeses.
1 Cup Cashew Nuts
1/2 Cup Yeast Flakes
1Tbsp Onion Powder
1 Heaped Teaspoon Smoked Salt
3 Cups Oat Milk
2Tbsp Agar Flakes
1/4 Cup Rapeseed Oil
2 Tbsp Miso
2Tbsp Lemon Juice
enough to cover your cheese
- Cover cashews with water and leave to soak for at least 5 hours.
- Place cashews, yeast flakes, onion powder and salt in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix oat milk with rapeseed oil in a big pan, add agar flakes and bring to boil over high heat.
- Change heat to low-medium, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
- Gradually add milk to the cashew mixture. Add lemon juice and miso, stir until all ingredients combine into a creamy paste.
- Pour your cheese mix into the two medium-sized bowls and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours (best to do it overnight).
- Remove cheese from the bowl and cover in Herbes de Provence.