Cashew Dill & Garlic Fromage with Vegan Crackers
- These crispy crackers make a perfect addition to any cheese board.
- Cashew cheese is easy to make, flavoursome and can be eaten on its own or spread onto bread or crackers.
- Extremely easy and quick to prepare.
- Perfect snack for a party.
- Vegan and gluten-free.
- The recipe makes for around 20 small crackers and a cup of cheese.
1/2 Cup Cashew Nuts
3Tbsp Cashew Milk
1Tbsp Lemon Juice
1Tsp Yeast Flakes
pinch of Salt
pinch of Pepper
3/4 Cup Flour
1Tbsp Cracked Linseed
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1Tbsp Hemp Seeds
1/4Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Rapeseed Oil 1.5 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Garlic clove.
- Soak cashews in water for at least 2 hours.
- To make the cheese, place cashews, cashew milk, lemon juice, yeast flakes, salt, pepper, garlic and dill in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- To make the crackers, mix flour with linseed, hemp seeds, chia seeds, rapeseed oil, baking powder, salt and 1/4 cup cold water in the bowl and work the dough with your fingers.
- Form the dough into a ball with your hands.
- Transfer to a clean surface lined with baking paper, sprinkle with little flour and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a rectangle less than 0.5cm thin.
- Use a knife to cut the dough into squares (makes around 20 crackers).
- Using the thin spatula, spread the crackers onto a baking paper to make sure even baking.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.