Carrot and Tiger Nut Breakfast Salad
- Vegetarian Sweet-Savoury Breakfast
- Semi-sweet, nutty flavours
- A filling and crunchy breakfast.
- Full of vitamins and fibre.
- Makes enough for 1 person.
- Preparation time: 10-15 minutes.
20g of peeled tiger nuts, soaked in fresh water overnight.
small handful of kale crisps, in your favourite flavour.
2 tsp whole sesame seeds.
- 30-40g fresh carrot, peeled (taken from a small to medium carrot).
- ½ a fresh apple, skin left on, pips removed.
- The night before, rinse the peeled tiger nuts in fresh, cold water. Drain and then transfer into a lidded container. Cover with cold water. Place in the refrigerator.
- The next morning, remove the tiger nuts from the fridge. Rinse in cold water and drain. Set to one side.
- With a spiraliser or julienne peeler, create strands of carrot from your peeled carrot, around 30-40g. Add these straight to your breakfast bowl.
- Cut the apple into bite size chunks. Add these to the bowl.
- Now sprinkle over the sesame seeds and the tiger nuts. Gently mix the ingredients with a fork or your fingers.
- Finally take a small handful or two, of your favourite kale crisps and drop on top of the rest of the ingredients. Then serve/eat!
- This recipe would also make a great lunchtime salad, lightly drizzled with your favourite oil.