Carob Chocolate Coins
- Caffeine and Dairy Free Chocolates.
- Made with unroasted carob for a gentle flavour.
- Makes at least 30 chocolate coins.
50g Cocoa Butter
3 Tbsp of Unroasted Carob Powder
2-3 Tbsp Coconut Nectar Syrup
Pinch of salt
- Place a clean, dry chocolate mould (we used a special coin motif mould) onto a flat baking tray or marble chopping board. Keep to one side.
- Melt the Cocoa Butter in a Bain Marie: a bowl nestled over another bowl or pan filled with boiling water. It is not necessary to put this on the cooker. Just use the heat from the boiling water and refresh as necessary. This will help prevent the mixture from overheating and causing crystallisation and /or separation in the finished chocolate*.
- Next gently stir in the Carob Powder and then add the Agave Nectar. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Using a teaspoon or dessert spoon fill the chocolate mould shapes just to the surface. Allow to cool either in the fridge or in a cool place. If you’re in a hurry use the fridge!
- The chocolate will turn lighter as it starts to solidify. Gently pop out each coin and store in a cool dry place.