Buckwheat & Brown Rice Pancakes with Honey & Pistachios
Sweet and nutty Buckwheat & Brown Rice Pancakes with crushed Pistachios and Clear Honey.
50g brown rice flour
50g buckwheat flour
Enough to sprinkle onto the finished pancakes!
Clear honey to top
1) Add flour to a large bowl.
2) Crack eggs into a separate bowl and loosely whisk. Pour the egg into the centre of the flour and begin whisking them into the flour.
3) Next pour in milk a bit at a time. Whisk until you have a smooth, slightly thick batter.
4) Heat a small frying pan on a medium heat. If the heat is low enough there is no need to add oil or melt butter to aid cooking (this doesn’t affect the flavour of the pancake and makes for a healthier result). Test your mixture if you want by dropping a spoonful into the pan. If you want thinner pancakes, dilute the remaining mixture with 25ml-50ml water.
5) Using a ladle, add one spoonful to the pan, allowing it to spread out. After only 2 minutes the underside should be golden in colour. Lift the pancake with metal spatula or pallet knife and flip it over. Cook for a further minute to cook the top and then serve warm. Our choice of topping was crushed pistachio kernels with a drizzling of clear honey. Savoury fillings can also be added to this recipe.